- Archbishop William Goh DD, STL has been appointed a Committee Member on the National Steering Committee on Racial and Religious Harmony (MCCY).
- Fr Stephen Yim has been appointed a Committee member on the Working Committee on Racial and Religious Harmony (MCCY).
- The following persons have been appointed for a two year team on the Inter-Religious Organisation Singapore (IRO):
- Sr Maria Lau IJ
- Sr Theresa Seow FdCC
- Ms Janet Lim OFS
- Mr Patrick Prakash
- Fr Terence Pereira has been appointed Episcopal Vicar for the Malayalam Apostolate and oversees the pastoral care of the Malayalees of the three Rites in Singapore.
- Fr Charlie Oasan CICM has been appointed as Spiritual Director for the Archdiocesan Commission for the pastoral care of Migrants and Itinerant Persons (ACMI) with effect from 1st October 2013.
- Br Jude David has been appointed to the Church of the Holy Spirit for his residence following his ordination to the diaconate and subsequent ministry.
- Br Jude David has been appointed as Assistant Spiritual Director for Catholic Spirituality Centre from 1st October 2013.
- Following an earlier announcement of Chancery Notice of CN2013/01, Br Jude David will be appointed Assistant Youth Chaplain following his ordination to the diaconate.
- The following priests have been appointed to the pastoral team of the Church of St Mary of the Angels with effect from 1st January 2014:
- Fr Clifford Augustine OFM as Parish Priest for a 6-year term.
- Fr John Derrick Yap OFM as Assistant for a 3-year term.
- Fr Joseph Lee OFM as Assistant for a 3-year term.
- Fr Justin Lim OFM as Assistant for a 3-year term.
- Prof. Tan Cheng Han has been appointed Chairperson to the Archdiocesan Commission for Catholic Schools for a term of two years beginning 24th October 2013.
The Senate of the Archdiocese adopted a diocesan coat of arms on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Archdiocese. It was inaugurated on 13th October 2013. For further enquiries on the use of the coat of arms of the Archdiocese, permission must be given from the Chancery.
The second collections that have traditionally been done for ACMA, the Archdiocesan Commission for Missionary Activity will continue and be called “Collection for Evangelization and Mission” and will be designated for the activities of the Office for the New Evangelization.
The Canossian Daughters of Charity have established a residence at Blk 92, Bedok North Avenue 4, #05-1481, Singapore 460092 and permission was granted by Archbishop William Goh DD, STL to have reserved in their chapel the Blessed Sacrament in accordance with canon. 934 §1 2°.
Change of Name
The Archdiocesan Catholic Council for Ecumenical Dialogue (archCCED) will now adopt the new acronym as ACCED.
The Archdiocesan Catholic Council for Interreligious Dialogue (archCCID) will now adopt the new acronym as ACCIRD.
The Catholic Youth Office has been renamed Office for Young People (OYP) with competence to oversee the pastoral care and programmes pertaining to young people of the Archdiocese from ages 16 – 35 yrs.
Official organs of communication
The website of the Archdiocese of Singapore (www.catholic.org.sg) will be the primary and official communications for official notices of the Archdiocese considering the need for timely communication. Other channels that are also employed for official announcements are the Catholic News, faxes, emails and correspondences.
Chancery of the Titular Roman Catholic Archbishop of Singapore
Download PDF file: ChanceryNoticeCN2013-006.pdf