1. Fr Bartholomew Jia Shao Ping CDD has taken up residence at the religious house of the Congregation of the Disciples of the Lord (CDD) as the new novice director. Apart from internal ministry to his religious community, he is also available to serve the Chinese Migrant Community and other ministries on request.
2. Fr Joseph Zhang Wei CDD will complete his pastoral obligation in Singapore and return to China in November 2016 to begin his sabbatical leave.
3. Fr Michael Sitaram has been appointed as Parish Priest to the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes for a term of six  years with effect from 15 September 2016.
4. Fr Antony Maria Joseph has been appointed as Assistant Priest to the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes for a term of three  years with effect from 15 September 2016.
5. Fr Antony Maria Joseph has been appointed as Spiritual Director of the Archdiocesan Commission for Tamil Speaking (ACTS) for a term of two  years with effect from 15 September 2016.
6. Fr Charlie Oasan CICM has been appointed as Spiritual Director of the Filipino Catholic Community for a term of two  years with effect from 15 September 2016.
7. Fr Christopher Soh SJ has been reappointed to the Board of Caritas Singapore Community Council for a term of two  years with effect from 22 September 2016.
8. Fr Leslie Raj SJ has been appointed Parish Priest to the Church of St Ignatius for a term of six  years with effect from 1 October 2016.
9. The following priests have been appointed as Parish Priests for a term of six  years with effect from 23 April 2017:
a. Fr Andrew Wong to Church of St Anthony.
b. Fr Christopher Lee to Church of St Joseph (Bukit Timah).
c. Fr Edward Lim to Church of the Risen Christ.
d. Fr Eugene Chong to Church of St Vincent De Paul.
e. Fr Frederick Quek to Church of the Holy Trinity.
f. Fr Henry Siew to Church of the Holy Cross.
g. Fr John Sim to Church of Christ the King.
h. Fr Kamelus Kamus to Church of St Bernadette.
i. Fr Kenson Koh to Church of Nativity of the BVM.
j. Fr Peter Koh to Church of St Francis of Assisi.
k. Fr Richards Ambrose to Church of the Holy Spirit.
l. Fr Terence Pereira to Church of St Michael.
10. The following priests have been appointed as Assistant Priests for a term of three  years with effect from 23 April 2017:
a. Fr Albert Ng to Church of St Anne.
b. Fr Augustine Joseph to Church of the Transfiguration.
c. Fr Cary Chan to Church of the Transfiguration.
d. Fr Edmund Chong to Church of the Holy Trinity.
e. Fr Ignatius Yeo to Church of the Risen Christ.
f. Fr John Joseph Fenelon to Church of St Vincent De Paul.
g. Fr John Lau to Church of St Anthony.
h. Fr John van Dich MEP to Church of St Michael.
i. Fr Kulanthaisamy Stephen to Church of the Sacred Heart.
j. Fr Peter Tan to Church of the Holy Trinity.
k. Fr Peter Zhang CDD to Church of St Joseph (Bukit Timah).
l. Fr Robertus Sarwiseso CICM to Church of the Holy Cross.
Archdiocesan Communications Office
An update of the office’s Mandate and Functions has been posted on the Archdiocesan website for a better understanding of its role and functions in the Archdiocese of Singapore. It can be accessed at: http://www.catholic.sg/mandatefunctions/
Reception of Holy Communion
The Senate of Priests has reiterated the right of the laity for the options available on the reception of Holy Communion. This is put forward in a paper issued by the senate and is available on the Archdiocesan website. It can be accessed at: http://www.catholic.sg/clarification-reminder-reception-holy-communion/
Pieta – a faith support group for bereaved parents has been given approval “ad experimentum” for two  years as a private association. Pieta is a peer ministry where bereaved parents find mutual support as they become companions on a journey of hope and faith. This new association will be overseen by the Archdiocesan Commission for the Family (ACF).
PARISH BOUNDARY MAP@ www.catholic.sg
Streetdirectory.com has graciously developed for the Singapore Archdiocese website a way to easily determine parish boundaries. To see which parish one’s home or hospital comes under, (a) type in a postcode, (b) type in an address or (c) hover over any part of the map and the Parish Name appears at the top right comer of the page. The map can be accessed at: http://www.catholic.sg/visit-mass/map-of-churches/
In light of Archdiocesan policy and regulatory requirements, the Senate has reiterated that all visiting priests ministering in Singapore have to sign an official form from the Chancery undertaking not to source for funds for personal projects or otherwise. The faithful are asked to check with Chancery should they be approached for any funds by any visiting clergy, religious or lay persons.
Fr. John-Paul Tan OFM, JCL
Chancery of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore
#07-01 Catholic Centre, 55 Waterloo Street, Singapore 187954