- Fr Daniel Lim OCD has been appointed Spiritual Director of the Legion of Mary City Curia (Mandarin) for a term of two  years with effect from 1 January 2016.
- Fr Joseph Koh OCD has been appointed Spiritual Director for the Singapore Chinese Catholic Bible Association for a term of two  years with effect from 1 January 2016.
- Fr Charlie Oasan CICM has been elected as a councillor for the district of Indonesia-Singapore for the Provincial Government of the CICM Missionaries (Scheut Missions) with effect from 15 January 2016.
- Fr Stanislaus Pang has been appointed Governor to the Board of St Gabriel’s Foundation for a term of two  years with effect from 21 January 2016.
- Deacon Clement Chen will complete his appointment to the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour on 31 January 2016.
- The following have been appointed to the Human Resource Advisory Council for a term of two  years with effect from 1 February 2016:
a. Mr Thomas Chia
b. Ms Patsy Tan
c. Ms Frances Cheang
d. Ms Maria Teresa Gerinea
- The following persons have been appointed members of TRCAS Chinese Mission Fund for a term of two  years with effect from 1 February 2016:
a. Fr Henry Siew
b. Mr Justin Lim
c. Mr James Wong
d. Mr Patrick Lo Kai Huat
Banns of Ordination
The following candidates from the Order of Friars Minor (Franciscans), Friar Don Don Ramerez OFM, Friar Esmond Chua OFM, Friar Jason Richard OFM will be called to the Order of Deacons on 12 June 2016 at Church of St Mary of the Angels by His Grace, Archbishop William Goh DD.
The publication of these banns fulfil the canonical requirement, can. 1051 2°. Catholics are obliged to reveal any impediments or circumstances that would prevent any of the candidates from receiving Sacred Orders and should contact the Custos, Friar John Wong OFM or the Archbishop with such information as soon as possible.
Fr Henry Siew has received an “Imprimatur” from Archbishop William Goh DD for the publication “Encountering the Lord in Daily Life – Three Simple Forms of Prayer.”
Ash Wednesday 2016 – 10 February 2016
The Bishops' Conference of Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei have declared that Ash Wednesday 2016, which falls on 10 February (3rd Day of the Lunar New Year), will be observed with fasting and abstinence.
Chancery of the Titular Roman Catholic Archbishop of Singapore
Download PDF file: ChanceryNoticeCHN-CN-2016-002.pdf