Thanks for visiting the CatholicNews online. If you continue to browse and use this website, or any of our related applications, mobile apps or social media, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use and with the Code of Conduct.
• The content of the pages of this website and mobile applications are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website or mobile applications are entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• From time to time this website and mobile applications may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to any CatholicNews server, or to any of the services offered on or through the Site, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
• You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site, or with any other person’s use of the Site.
• You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to CatholicNews on or through the Site or any service offered on or through the Site. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without CatholicNews' prior written consent.
• Do not collect or distribute personal data concerning other members of the CatholicNews or personally identifiable information about another person that has been published without their express consent.
• Unauthorised use of this website or our mobile applications may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Code of Conduct
When participating in any kind of discussion or openly posted comment on this site or mobile applications, or when sending correspondence through this site, you will at all times:
1. Be courteous to other users and respectful of the things of God;
2. Be sensitive. This is a global site with participants from many different cultures and backgrounds.
3. Make a sincere effort to avoid misrepresenting the teachings of the Catholic Church;
4. Refrain from using profanity or similarly inappropriate language;
5. Post appropriate content. You may not post inappropriate (eg. pornographic) or copyrighted content, advertise or promote outside products or organizations, or spam with repeat content.
6. Be responsible, sincere and truthful. You may be held legally accountable for what you say or do online. In particular, you may be held liable for any defamatory comments, threats and untrue statements or other illegal or fraudulent claims made by you.
7. “Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets." – Mathew 7:12
• issuing a warning to you;
• immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of any contribution or of your right to use our websites, including deletion of any personal profile;
• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all losses and costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach and/or further legal action against you; and/or
• disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or other relevant third parties as we reasonably feel is necessary.
CatholicNews, Archdiocese PDPA Policy Statement
Please refer to our PDPA policy at the following link: http://www.catholic.org.sg/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Personal-Data-Protection-Policy-Final.pdf