The Archdiocese of Singapore is looking for a Communications Manager to develop and maintain strong internal and external communications for the Catholic Archdiocese. The position will report to the Communications Advisory Council, which oversees the Archdiocesan Communications Office.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Effectively manage key communications channels to parishes, Catholic organizations, Catholic and secular media
- Work with Catholic organizations in Singapore to ensure messages delivered are consistent
- Help to build the Church’s reputation by increasing awareness and understanding of the Church’s position on issues among internal and external audiences
- Act as the point of contact on Archdiocesan matters for the media
- Advise on, draft and commission responses to media for approval
- Cultivate strong relationships with relevant local and regional media to identify opportunities to deliver the Archbishop’s messages confidently and regularly, positively and accurately
The prerequisites will be at least five years of relevant experience and competencies such as writing and multi-media skills, marketing, strategic planning, and the management of stakeholders, programmes and projects.