JUNE 21, 2009, VOL 59, NO 13
- AN UNBORN BABY’S heart begins to beat at 18 days.
- At 43 days, the baby’s brain coordinates movements.
- All of his or her organs are functioning at eight weeks.
- At nine weeks, he or she has permanent, individual fingerprints.
- The baby’s sense of touch, including comfort and pain, begins at 10 weeks.
- At 12 weeks, the baby can smile, suck his or her thumb, and make a fist.
Pope Benedict XVI listens during an audience with some 7,000 children from the Holy Childhood Association at the Vatican on May 30. The pope said that as a boy he never had dreamed of becoming pope. CNS photo
VATICAN CITY – Pope Benedict XVI offered a rare glimpse into his private feelings, telling a group of children that as a boy he never dreamed of becoming pope and that he still sometimes worries he is not up to the job.
The pope answered questions and described growing up in a small German village during an audience May 30 at the Vatican with 7,000 children from the Holy Childhood Association, a group affiliated with the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples.
The Daughters of St. Paul had a booth in the fair held at Suntec City Convention Centre from May 29 to Jun 7. This was the second time the Sisters participated in a secular book event. The first was a World Book Fair held in 1995 at World Trade Centre.
According to Sister Jocelyn, several Catholics were surprised to see them in the book fair, and they expressed their appreciation for the Daughters’ presence. The booth also attracted non-Catholics.
SINGAPORE – The Heartspace Open Studio @ St. Mary’s is holding an art exhibition titled “Drawn by grace” from Jun 26-28 at the University Cultural Centre foyer in conjunction with Paul The Musical which will be performed at the same location and dates.