- Fr Stephen Yim has been appointed Senate Chair for a two year term beginning 22 August 2013.
- Fr Henry Siew has been elected Senate Secretary for a two year term beginning 22 August 2013.
- Fr Eugene Vaz has been appointed Spiritual Director to the National Council of the Society of St Vincent De Paul for a two year term beginning 24th August 2013.
- Fr Michael Arro MEP has been appointed as a Consultant and member of the Archdiocesan Catholic Council for Ecumenical Dialogue.
- Fr Joseph Chang Liyong CDD, has been appointed as Spiritual Director for the Legion of Mary, Mandarin East Curia with effect from 26th August 2013.
- Sr Maria Lau IJ, has been appointed chairperson to the Archdiocesan Catholic Council for Interreligious Dialogue.
- Sr Theresa Seow FDCC has been appointed vice-Chair to the Archdiocesan Catholic Council for Interreligious Dialogue.
- The following are committee members assisting the Chancery in overseeing Clergy Welfare (Pastoral, Spiritual, Health, Intellectual, Fellowship ):
- 5 District Chairs
- Fr Antonio González OP
- Fr Kamelus Kamus CICM
In accordance with canon 297, consent was given by Archbishop William Goh DD, STL to Prelature of the Holy Cross and Opus Dei to establish a Centre of the Prelature for women at 30 Bright Hill Drive, Singapore 579650 on 22 August 2013.
Rev Fr Robert Balhetchet has been given permission to continue living at his home in Johor Bahru because of his failing health and the need for better care.
Fr William Lim is on home leave at the moment from hospital and being cared for at St Joseph’s Home.
As a general working principle for the new administration of Archbishop William Goh DD, STL, there will be a moratorium for the approval of new religious institutes and groups for one year pending the review of the pastoral needs of the Archdiocese with effect from September 2013.
Fr Noel Chin from Church of Our Lady Star of the Sea passed away on 21 August 2013. Priests are reminded to offer three Masses for the repose of the soul of Fr Noel Chin in accordance with the Priests Directory of the Archdiocese of Singapore, art 17.1.
Chancery of the Titular Roman Catholic Archbishop of Singapore
Download PDF file: ChanceryNoticeCN2013-004.pdf