- Fr. Michael Teo is being transferred out of the Church of St Joseph with effect from 20th August 2013 and will reside at Church of St Teresa.
- Fr. John Bosco Pereira has been appointed as Rector of the Church of St Joseph with effect from 20th August 2013. He will also assume the oversight of the Restoration Project of the Church. Fr John Bosco continues to be a member of the formation faculty at the St Francis Xavier Major Seminary.
- Fr. Frederick Quek is appointed as an Assistant priest at Church of St Anthony with effect from 5th August 2013.
- Fr. Edward Seah has been appointed as a member of the Archdiocesan Commission for Catholic Schools with effect from 9th August 2013.
- Fr. Robert Balhetchet will reside at the Church of Sacred Heart.
- Mr Thomas Tan Aik Hong is appointed Chairman of Catholic Welfare Services Singapore with effect from 30th October 2013 for a term of two (2) years.
Overseas priests & invited speakers. In implementing the practice for safe environment, the Archdiocese would require all non-resident clergy from outside Singapore and any invited speakers for any events organized for the Archdiocese, to first seek approval from Msgr. Ambrose Vaz, Vicar General (Pastoral).
This request is to be processed through the Chancery, accompanied with a duly filled out "Statement of Suitability" form by the proper ecclesiastical superior of the visitor and a letter of support from the relevant local spiritual director. The softcopy "Statement of Suitability" form can be obtained from the Chancery.
At parish level, parish priests may approve speakers and visiting priests but must submit a "Statement of Suitability" to the Chancery in accordance with safe environment policies of the Archdiocese prior to giving permission.
Religious & foreign clergy and laity posted for stay and assignment in the Archdiocese of Singapore
All members of religious institutes, members of societies of apostolic life and other non-resident clergy or laity intending to be posted for stay in the Archdiocese of Singapore and/or for pastoral assignments are required to inform and update the Chancery. Those intending to engage in public ministry of any sort are also required to submit a "Statement of Suitability" before approval will be given by the Vicar General (Pastoral).
Chancery of the Titular Roman Catholic Archbishop of Singapore
Download PDF file: ChanceryNoticeCN2013-002.pdf