Chancery Notice: New nuncio appointed to Singapore
Archbishop Marek Zalewski
As of 21 May 2018, His Holiness Pope Francis has appointed His Excellency Archbishop Marek Zalewski as Apostolic Nuncio to the Republic of Singapore, as well as non-resident Pontifical Representative for Vietnam.
This is Archbishop Zalewski's second assignment to Singapore, the first being from 2011-2012 when he served as Counsellor of the Nunciature. Prior to his new appointment, Archbishop Zalewski was the Apostolic Nuncio to Zimbabwe.
• Born in Augustów, Poland on 2 February 1963;
• Ordained to the Priesthood in Poland on 27 May 1989;
• Holds a Doctorate in Canon Law from Pontificia Università Gregoriana (Gregorian University)
• Since entering the diplomatic service of the Holy See in July 1995, he has had the following postings:
• Central African Republic (1995-1998)
• United Nations Organisation – New York (1998-2001)
• Great Britain (2001-2004)
• Germany (2004-2008)
• Thailand (2008-2011)
• Singapore (2011-2012)
• Malaysia (2012-2014);
• Appointed Titular Archbishop of Africa (Mehdia, in Tunisia) and Apostolic Nuncio (Ambassador) to Zimbabwe by Pope Francis on 25 March 2014;
• Besides his native language, he speaks Italian, English and French.
We welcome Archbishop Zalewski back to Singapore and wish him a fruitful term.
Fr. John-Paul Tan OFM, JCL
Chancery of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore
#07-01 Catholic Centre, 55 Waterloo Street, Singapore 187954
- Category: CatholicNews
- Hits: 590