The April 17-19 workshop, titled the Charism Workshop for New Evangelisation, was held at the St Francis Xavier Major Seminary.
About 60 participants from various Catholic Charismatic groups attended the workshop organised by (Singapore Archdiocesan Catholic Charismatic Renewal) SACCRE Youth.
They listened to talks by Mr Alex Antony from the Jesus Youth International Formation Team.
During the first session, Mr Antony told participants that in order for them to love Jesus, they have to have a personal encounter with Him.
Over the next two days, he encouraged participants to use their Charismatic gifts in their everyday lives.
Mr Antony also spoke about the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, the cardinal virtues and gifts, as well as the participants’ Christian role.
Participants were then invited to complete a questionnaire which would help them identify their charisms.
Throughout the sessions, Mr Antony emphasised the role of Mother Mary. He said that in order for them to know the Holy Spirit, they had to turn to Mother Mary.
During the workshop, participants took part in ice-breakers and praise and worship. They also prayed over one another, celebrated Mass and took part in Eucharistic adoration.
Overall, the groups which attended the workshop comprised:
- Jesus Youth
- Nanyang Technological University Charismatic Prayer Group
- Ignite from the Church of the Holy Trinity
- Emmaus from the Church of St Mary of the Angels
- Kanektas from St Joseph Church Bukit Timah
- Teens Connect from the Church of the Holy Trinity
- Wheat & Darnel from the Church of Our Lady Star of the Sea
- Vocare from the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- FLOW from the Church of St Bernadette
- Church of the Holy Family Youth Ministry
“There were so many take aways from this workshop. One of it was to grow a deeper relationship with Christ through the silence of heart,” said Ms Johanna Canlas, 30, from Ignite.
Mr Ben Liu, from Emmaus agreed and “found the workshop to be insightful”.